Thursday, November 5, 2015

Crazy Card Party-- Die as a Mask



This week at Crazy Card Party, Kathryn is asking us to try a technique I really like...use a die as a mask. She even posted a how to video for us to watch. The woman in the video showed using dies to make masks and stencils. So I actually did both.


   

I made a stencil from acetate with a PTI butterfly die. Then I coloured inside the stencil with my new Derwent watercolour pencils (love!). Then I used the mask part of the butterfly and coloured around the butterflies with yellow. I brushed on a bit of white gesso with my finger and then lightly stamped over it with a script stamp. Av let me used this gorgeous PTI sentiment and my brand new SSS clear sequins finished it off.

I can't wait to see what the other Party-Ers create this week with this cool technique!

cs~ PTI, Strathmore watercolour paper
inks/paints~ Derwent watercolour pencils, PTI, gesso, Versafine

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Beautiful! You really do like butterflies...and you do a great job with them on your cards!

Rosanne said...

This is lovely! So many techniques on one card!