Friday, May 31, 2013

Wishing you the Sweetest Things


Happy Friday!! I need a weekend for sure.

I am so glad Cath extended the deadline for the recent Tuesday Trigger over at Moxie Fab World. I got a chance to play along yesterday!

Here is the gorgeous trigger...








And here is my take...



I have had this Inkadinkado hummingbird stamp for ages but never inked it up! I love hummingbirds. We have tons of them zooming around our tree and yard every year. I love when they hover in mid air right by your face as if they are trying to talk to you! So I took the bird idea and bird colours from the trigger as well as the branch, but then added a bit more colour with my PTI Funky Florals set. And the sentiment is from MFT. I thought the "sweet" part and hummingbirds went really well together!

I also linked up with the Simon Says Stamp and Show challenge this week: "into the woods" and A Passion for Papertrey challenge: "inspired by nature."

I used my heat gun to emboss the hummingbird and the white centres of the flowers. It was the first time I had used my gun since I "blew up" our electric fire place using it a while back when it overloaded the circuit! Not sure my hubby has forgive me yet!

Now I am off to plant the rest of my flowers before the next thunderstorm hits!!

Have a great weekend everyone!

stamps~ PTI, Inkadinkado, MFT
cs~ PTI
inks~ PTI, Stampin Up.
dies~ Memory Box, PTI

9 comments:

JanR said...

So lovely!

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful card!

Avril Tanner said...

very cool card! Love the colours and the dimension!

Rosanne said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Helen F. said...

Such a pretty card,Sharon. Love the bird i flight image. It's perfect for all of the challenges you entered :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sharon! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.