Sunday, January 20, 2013

Just for you


What fun I had making this card and envelope! I started with a spring-y themed card with lots of washi tape and stamped and die cut butterflies. I wanted it to look like the butterflies were flying off the edge of the card.





That meant that it wouldn't fit in a regular envelope. So I made a sleeve from vellum. I repeated the colours with the butterflies, tag and washi tape.





And here's the finished package.




I liked up with PTI's Make it Monday challenge to make an envelope for oversized embellishments. And I just had to play along with the Simon Says Stamp challenge to use washi tape!

Thanks for checking out my project!

stamps, ink, dies, pp and cardstock~ PTI
washi tape~ MME, Queen and Co., Recollections
gems/pearls~ Queen and Co.
vellum, doilie and seam binding~ my stash


5 comments:

lainey said...

Beautiful card - really like the colors you used, and the hanging butterfly is a great idea!

Jayne said...

Gorgeous combo, beautiful card and love the vellum envelope, very pretty!

Laurel Beard said...

Oh I love this! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! Love the colors. Perfect spring time project!!! LOVE THIS!

Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Deanna said...

Beautiful Sharon!

Avril Tanner said...

Very cool! love how you made your own envelope too!