Sunday, January 27, 2013

Remember this day



I decided to play along with Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger. I just loved the inspiration photo. The colours and patterns really drew me in. 




I made two pages, inspired by this photo, featuring photos from our last day in Sydney at the botanic gardens and city parks. I splashed acrylic paint and mists around this beautiful  background paper by Recollections. I love how the patterned paper mimics the carpet in the photo while the colours are drawn from the bedding.






Here is the second page. I made sure to keep a spot for our boarding passes to San Fran.




Here are a few detail shots to show some of the fun things I did wish washi tape, including flags out of toothpicks!















Thanks for stopping by!

pp~ Recollections
mists~ Tattered Angels
washi tape~ MME, Martha Stewart, Queen and Co. 
alpha stickers~ October Afternoon
chipboard letters~ American Crafts


8 comments:

Scraps of Elegance said...

I can so appreciate how you were inspired by the inspiration photo and so much so that you created an awesome two pager. Great way to document a wonderful travel memory. Thanks for sharing.

Laureen said...

Beautiful! Love your banners!

Barbara said...

I love these pages. The yellow is so sunny. I reall enjoy seeing your work.

Avril Tanner said...

Love the layouts and how you incorporated the washi tapes!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sharon! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Rosanne said...

Just gorgeous, love all the details!

Deanna said...

Beautiful Sharon!

Karen Dunbrook said...

awesome page..really love the details...