Friday, August 17, 2012

Lombard Street


I created another layout last night! Here's Lombard Street in San Fran last summer. Very cool. 

I decided to play along with the Paper Mixing Bowl. I have been wanting to try one of their challenges for ages. The recipe included following a sketch, using green prominently, to journal about travel and to use several "utencils." I chose burlap, a postmark (my World Traveler stamp), plus lots of torn edges. 

I also linked up with Simon Says Stamp and Show again for "favourite technique." I am loving all things hexagon lately. So I sponged some gesso onto the background with my Crafters Workshop 12x12 reverse chicken wire stencil. Then I randomly added swipes with my new PTI chicken wire background stamp. I love how it turned out!





Here's a few close ups...











pp~ MME
stencil~ Crafters Workshop
stamps~ PTI and Inkadinkado
chipboard letters~ Fancy Pants
letters stickers~ Simple Stories
washi tape~ MMe and Queen and Co.
burlap
gesso

Happy Friday!


14 comments:

Cathi ONeill said...

Loving your chicken wire stamp and stencilling gives the layout great texture along with the burlap. Great layout! Thank so much for us at PMB!

Sarah-R said...

Great Layout - love how you've used this month's recipe utensils! Your hexagon/chicken wire is awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Paper Mixing Bowl!

Sandra said...

I love the stamping on your layout and also the dimension with the banner. Lovely work and thanks for playing along at the Paper Mixing Bowl.

May said...

This is incredible - love how you've used the hexagons here and how this amazing layout turned out. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show!!

JanR said...

So loving the background so this. Wonderful page!

Drea Slee said...

Awesome page!!! I LOVE your hexagons!! Thanks for playing with us at the Paper Mixing Bowl!

Avril Tanner said...

Stunning page... I love it all... the chicken wire background... the washi tape... the burlap and all the fussy cutting!! Great use of that paper we picked up!

Deanna said...

I agree with Avril.... STUNNING!

Kelly Codd Greatrex said...

Love Love LOVE this Sharon! I think it's one of my most favourite LO's you've created - and you have lots of awesome LO's! love the chicken wire and the burlap! Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Mixing Bowl :)

mn36 said...

So thankful you found your chiken wire template and stamp. Great results...love your layout.

Lee aka Violent Kittie said...

This IS a great LO featuring your painting and stamping techniques. I like how your page makes my eyes stay on it, I keep looking it over and your journaling spot keeps drawing my eyes back. And the layer of papers with the butterfly in the top left corner is a very cute touch. Thanks for playing at the Paper Mixing Bowl!

Lisa said...

Wow I love this...great techs and design. I love Lombard St. Have been there many times. You have scrapped this perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TPMB!!

Sharlene said...


Gorgeous creation... two thumbs up!

CathQuillScrap said...

Lovely page... really like the little details. Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Mixing Bowl.