Saturday, December 10, 2011

Design Team Reveal!

I know it has been AGES since I got to do some DT work. Well finally here are some creations! I received Simple Stories 25 Days of Christmas papers and a sticker sheet, plus some wooden snowflakes, ribbon, some acetate snowflakes, two decorative pins, a burlap stocking and a metal flower/bottle cap.

I was pretty amazed how much I could create with just 6 pieces of paper. Simple Stories goes pretty far with their strip pages and divided "post card" pages.


I chose to scrap this special photo of us with our little Christmas tree in Florida last year.

I knew kraft would make a great background with this line. But I really wanted to kick it up to contrast with the warm muted tones in the paper. So I went at my background paper with several mists and some paint too.



I made a few accordion flowers and added a little banner I cut from one of the sheets.



Here you can see all the dimension I added with some cool burlap trim from MME, as well as a doilie (which I misted) and some flowers from my stash!


Stay tuned and I will keep revealing the fun things I made with this DT package.

4 comments:

Avril Tanner said...

LOL... I think you should read Shelby's Comment I left on her Friedzy Friday... I am in definate need of a coffee... Maybe I should stop posting early in the morning... LOL... Anyway... I posted on her blog I saw your DT work in the store... meant to post it on yours... Totally love it all!!

Sharon said...

Thanks Avril! I totally get what you mean about coffee!

Carolyn Wolff said...

Your kit looks awesome. I love this layout. It has so much texture. Great job.

Deanna said...

I love that you guys are in shorts next to a Christmas tree! Awesome layout... the ruffle under the photo is amazing!