Sunday, May 1, 2011

May DT Reveal

For the Two Scrapbook Friends design team this month, I got to play with some very nice product from Jillibean Soup, the chilled watermelon soup collection. I received kraft papers, a sticker sheet, corrugated shapes, twine, and butterfly pins.





I also received this Accucut template. It made a fun little old fashioned "popcorn" box.



I thought it would make a fun holder for treats for a girls' scrapbooking night.






I created these two pages from our trip to Linz, Austria last summer.





Here's a close up of the flowers I made.



These two pages show our special trip to St. John's, Newfoundland last spring. We had a great brunch at my sister-in-law's restaurant, The Hungry Heart Cafe. I love how Newfoundland's iconic "jellybean row" houses go so well with the corrugated houses! I inked them for even more impact.



Here's a close up of the banner I crafted.





No trip would be complete without photos of the plane and lounge. We have a habit of running into "famous" people when we travel. This time, none other than Great Big Sea's lead man Alan Doyle sat across from us on the flight to St. John's. He was returning home after promoting his work in Russell Crowe's movie "Robin Hood". Everyone knew it was him, but no one bothered him. Of course my husband kept humming "Lukey's Boat" under his breath!




Here's a detail shot of the blue fabric flower I made.




I also made a few cards. This is a sympathy card for my mom's best friend who just lost her husband. I cut the card base with my new scalloped nestie die.



And I threw everything but the kitchen sink at this Mother's Day card because I knew my mom would like that. I added the Kaiser doilie.




Be sure to head on over the TSF gallery to check out what the wonderfully tallented DT ladies did this month!

4 comments:

Lori S. said...

Love all of the reveal, Sharon. "Lush" layout with those homemade flowers is stunning! Especially love how the photos on the brunch page coordinated so well with your embellishments! I love following your creations!

Deanna said...

Wow wow wow, love it all! You rocked this kit! What a great looking couple too!

Avril Tanner said...

oh... it is all so pretty! I totaly love it!! Love the way you used your pop corn box too!

Joanne said...

Oh my! You DT creations are over-the-top my friend! I love how you paired the red with the yellow and kraft patterns - perfect!!!
Joanne xo