Friday, December 31, 2010

January 1st Reveal Two Scrapbook Friends

Happy New Year!


For this month's DT reveal for Two Scrapbook Friends, I worked with the Mix and Mend line from Sassafrass. My DT package included patterned paper, stickers, canvas pieces, three flowers and some electric green Stickles!


I was a bit stumped at first with the papers being pre-printed with amazing shabby chic designs featuring sewing remnants. Once I wrapped my mind around the fact that I wouldn't cut the papers, I chose some coordinating card stock and embellished away with things to echo the pre-printed designs such as trim, crochet flowers, battenburg lace, buttons and wool for stitching. I really like the results!







I made a few pages featuring photos of the Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi which we visted in August 2009. The dazzling blue sky and the striking white marble were a perfect complement to the papers. I added the measuring tape pp by K&Co., blue chipboard letters by Bisous, mini alpha stickers by MLS, kaiser pearls, a Prima paper flower, wool for stitching, some trim and a crochet flower made by my mom.





To this one I added trim, crochet flower, chipboard letters by MME, and mini alpha stickers by MM.





Here I added a large paper doilie, a bird from Prima, chipboard letters by MME and mini alpha stickers by MLS.





This final layout of the mosque features lace, trim, crochet flower, wool for stitching, pp by K&Cp., mini alpha stickers by MLS and chipboard letters by Bisous.




Then I made two more layouts, this time of our trip to the German cathedral town of Worms that same year. I added trim, clear buttons, brads, Doodlebug alpha stickers, MLS mini alpha stickers and wool for stitching.





I found this battenburg lace doilie while working on this month's DT layouts so it was a perfect fit here! I also added trim, wool for stitching and MLS alpha stickers.



I really enjoyed working with these papers since they were so different from what I usually do. Be sure to check out what the other DT ladies have done this month in the TSF gallery!


3 comments:

Deanna said...

Amazing girl... these layout are great!

Joanne said...

Oh my! Your pages are absolutely beautiful!
Joanne xo

mn36 said...

love the battenburg lace addition. Great pages.