Wednesday, December 1, 2010

DT December Reveal

I had a blast working with the "Merry Christams" line from Echo Park for the TSF Design Team reveal this month. I also had some ribbon, a Queen and Co. bling tree and snowflake buttons to play with.




First I made these two layouts of our "New Christmas Trees" of "fan palm and norfolk pine." The non-traditional photos really go with these gorgeous papers. I embossed flourishes on the white card stock with versa mark for a cool effect and also used iridescent Maya Mist on the large doilie. I made some rolled felt flowers too. Nothing says Christmas like felt! From my stash I added BoBunny trim flowers, Scenic Route chipboard letters, MLS mini alpha stickers, Prima pearl flourishes, twine, brads and a buckle. Oh and I did some messy sewing too!







Here's a detail shot of the embossed flourishes.


Then I really wanted to make something special to capture "Our Merry Christmas Traditions." So I grabbed a naked 6x6 chipboard album I have had forever. I inked the edges of the front and back cover (where the metal grommets are) and sealed it with clear acrylic paint. Then I covered each page with some of the amazing Echo Park paper. I added a few things throughout such as trim, more rolled felt flowers, buttons, twine, ric rac, and MLS mini alpha stickers.


Here's an inside page of "friends" and special holiday decorations.


Our wintery view and a favourite tree ornament.



Christmas morning traditions of a special brunch and photos by the tree.


Special times with our families.



Our stockings are hung by the chimney with care...



The tree all trimmed!


Holiday baking!


And finally I made a card with one of my favourite sentiment stamps. I added twine and trim!




Thanks for looking and be sure to check out what the other DT ladies have crafted!!


3 comments:

Joanne said...

Wow Sharon! What gorgeous work! I especially love your little keepsake album :)
Joanne xo

Avril Tanner said...

This is all so inspiring... I totally love it and even spotted a few doilies in there too!

Deanna said...

You did an amazing job Sharon... gorgeous!