Friday, July 23, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

I just finished reading this wonderful book by Swedish novelist Stieg Larsson. I have loved Sweden since our honeymoon there 12 years ago and was familiar with the books and their comparison with Henning Mankell's Wallander series. The best part was that I was reading it during our recent trip to Sweden! What a surreal feeling to read about events happening down the street, in the towns we passed outside the train window or the regions we flew over. I have just started the second in the trilogy and can't wait to see what happens.


Here's a cool shot of one of the narrow streets in Stockholm's old town, Gamla Stan

And a lovely Swedish vista in Lapland.


A typical Swedish farmhouse north of Lulea, just 100 km from the arctic circle.


Just an amazing trip!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Oh my - it looks wonderful!