Friday, May 21, 2010

Ontario's Turtle Tally

Did you know that 7 of Ontario's 8 turtle species are at risk of becoming extinct? I didn't until today when I read it in the local newspaper. How ironic when just last evening we saw this little fellow trying to cross our busy road. We corralled him in a cardboard box and carried him to the nearby pond/forest. Ever the scrapbooker, I took a few photos as he scrambled away. Then this morning when I saw the Toronto Zoo's call to "Join Ontario's Turtle Tally" I knew I could submit my photo and description of our encounter to their site created especially for that purpose. What a feeling of irony and fate!



Check out www.torontozoo.com/adoptapond/turtletally.asp if you see a turtle in your neighbourhood so we can help these lovely creatures survive!


No comments: