Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Retreat Fun

It's that time of year when my two dear scrapbook friends and I think about booking a spring retreat. This year we decided to do something a bit different.
But it did get me thinking back to all of our past retreats and how much fun we always have. In October we visited the historic Elmhurst Inn in Ingersoll for a small retreat.


We had such a blast. The food was lovely not to mention the evening beverages and tons of catching up. The weather was crisp and cool and the leaves were really in full colour. We even went for a half hour jog on Saturday morning. That must be some kind of scrapbook retreat record!

Before every retreat, we always challenge ourselves to only bring what we can carry in one trip from the car, and that has to include our overnight bags and wine and snacks! This is my scrapbooking supplies for a whole weeeknd!



It was a very productive weekend of scrapbooking. For added fun, the three of us made a challenge to all work on the same photos from a recent birthday event and see how different all our layouts turned out. Here's my take using We R Memory Makers papers called "Grandma's Kitchen."





The soft tropical colours in these Tres Jolie papers from My Mind's Eye worked really well in this Florida layout.


During the weekend I also made "mates" for single page layouts I had done for Survivor Scrapbooker in the summer at Two Scrapbooking Friends. This one used the fun papers "Friendly Forest" by Colorbok.


Basic Grey papers and buttons really helped highlight this fun photo from our recent trip to Dubai. And I got a lot of use out of my floss and Bazzill stitching templates.

This page no only honours my dh's dear aunt from Munich, but features handmade background paper using sprayed paint and painted mesh. The papers and chipboard are from We R Memory Makers.

At the end of the weekend I got a huge surprise when I won layout of the weekend for this one of a recent trip to Germany. I created the background paper using paint and the Basic Grey papers from "Offbeat" really seemed to coordinate with the photo. What a great honour!!


I can't wait for our next girls' weekend together and for our next scrapbook retreat!

1 comment:

Deanna said...

Wow these layout are awesome Sharon!